Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Book reading at Arte & Manha

I am fully back to blogging and will be writing about the exciting new things I'm working on at the moment. I'm torn between screenplays, a novel manuscript (that is very hard to actually finish) and other materialistic pursuits. Yet, I'm beginning to realise that my path in life is really rough.

On the 15th of June, I will be speaking at SWITCH Conference, which is known as Portugal's number one entrepreneurship conference.

I will be talking about the 'exportation of African music to Europe and the colonisation of Europe with African music.' My talk will focus on the impact African music has made in the consciousness of the European mindscape - with strong emphasis on how to make our music very accessible to the European audience, without losing texture of what we really want to do.





On the 16th, by 6.30pm, I will be reading from my first novel, The Abyssinian Boy (as copies of the book will be available for sale) and talking about how the book came about at Arte & Manha, which is located at Av. Duque de Loulé nº22 B. There will be light refreshment and music. 

1 comment:

Araceli Paige said...

Congratulations for all the great work! And please continue blogging.... will wait for the Arte and Manha pics